Thursday, 30 June 2011

Mood Board - Rose

Currently I am focusing on Rose's bedroom. I have an iron bed that Dean painted pink a few years ago. It has a chipped, worn look that I will use in her room. I am using the wallpaper covered dresser as the feature in her room and the inspiration for the colour theme.

Her bed linen will be white with some brightly coloured pillows. A chair I found at a second hand store for $20, yes only $20, is going to be recovered in a strong, geometric, lemon fabric. I have spray painted some ornate frames I found (thrifty frames), and will be filling them with contrasting fabrics to make pin-up boards.

I'm thinking, Ikea spice racks for $7 each, stacked on the wall, painted in the same bright colours, for her books and pencils. This spray paint has been used for everything. I have sprayed some old metal candlesticks and some trays to use as lamp bases or decorative items for her dresser that are non breakable but fantastic features.

Here is my Rose Mood Board.



My final challenge is the lighting! I am torn between a cluster of yellow and pink art deco lights or a funky drum light fitting.




Images Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...