Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Friday on my mind


I can't believe the school holidays are nearly over. {sob}

This hit me while I was driving home from work yesterday. Every holidays are the same - because we have a lot of friends and family that live out of the city, during our holidays we play catch up. These holidays, by the time they end, I would have spent exactly one day home with just myself and the girls! That day will be this Friday.

Because of our living arrangements, the girls haven't had many play dates this year. I can't expect a mum to drive half an hour each way to come and pick up a child after school. I also find that after the drive and homework, there is no time to play!

Next year will be different. We will be living a street away from school and all of their school friends again, but, next year they will be another year older. {sigh} And, I will always have family spread out in a semi circle, north, south and east at a 2-3 hour radius from us!

That said, I do understand that my tears are not just for my children this week. My dad is responsible for some too, but I am pretty sure all of my anxiety is about Bali. 17 days. The stress levels are rising. I am terrified, teary, tired and temperamental. If you missed my vent read it here. Secretly, I am hoping when I arrive home, the cloud will have lifted. I know that the stress of being away from the girls will be over, and the flying, but I also hope some R and R is just what the doctor ordered.

I did get some quotes for another holiday today while Dean was feeling generous. 5 days in Broome - 4 kids, 2 adults - say goodbye to thousands! He also suggested we do it sooner, rather than later. I might be boarding a jetplane more often than I have a prescription for! (The jolly pills my lovely doctor has on file for every time I fly).

Counting down to Friday. Home, 4 girls and mummy, movies, nail polish, baking biscuits and sewing headbands for friends. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...