Friday, 29 July 2011

"To do" list for Mum to do

It is official, this time next week, I will be in another country, this realisation has increased my anxiety levels tenfold.

I started my list for mum today.
It included things like -

  • Spaghetti bolognese in freezer - add pasta and cheese
  • Tuna casserole in freezer (Don't tell Cate or she won't eat vegetables until the tuna is gone)
  • Tuna casserole can be used as a BRIBE (actually written in caps!)
  • "Change filter" flashing on coffee machine - Ignore
  • Canteen only on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays as backup (will really need to organise lunches for other days - NO NUTS)
  • Strict 7pm bedtime. 7.30 for big girls only if PERFECT ANGELS (again in caps)
  • Sport uniforms: Rose - Wed, Fri; Cate - Thurs, Fri; Josephine - Fri
  • Can you tie a tie???
  • Piece of fruit for Josephine each school day (will only eat green apples, strawberries and bananas) {I have asked canteen and kindy parents to have a spare in case you forget or run out}
So far I have 4 pages, in no logical order, just written as it spilled into my mind. 

As I was making the list I was beginning to feel like I was under control and that surely mum will be fine then, I was handed the invitations! Rose has been invited to a party at 10am and then Josephine at 1pm, 40 minutes apart on the same day! {Insert nervous laughter}

I realise they don't have to go to all parties they are invited to, but Josephine's is at The Fairies {if you have girls, you will be nodding your head right now}, and Rose's is at the rollerdrome - even I want to go! I will need to get some presents organised though.
(Not sure about party protocol, present = present?)

On another note, today Grace got her ears pierced. Ever since Josephine got her ears done last year, she has been intent on getting it done. She was very eager to choose her ear rings and bounded up on to the chair. I paid the extra to get both ears done at the same time (luckily). She sat quietly on my lap while they counted to three. One. Two. Three. Bang. Silence. SCREAMING! I felt like the worst mother in the world. She cuddled into me and sobbed. She refused a lolly from the lady with the gun (understandably), and between sobs, begged me to take them out. It still makes me cry thinking about it.  Chips, tomato sauce and apple juice was the antidote. Then when she was all bouncy and happy again, stupidly I suggested she ring Dean to tell him the news, only when she put the phone to her ear, the screams started again! 

I did make extra of the tuna casserole for their tea so, sore ears or not, I am the best mum in the world to them tonight. Let's see if I can hold on to that title for the next week before I go. (Ok, realistically, I should aim for 24 hours when sometimes, something as simple as asking them to get in the bath can induce accusations that I'm "the worst mother ever"!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...