Tuesday, 2 August 2011

September babies

This is a great time of year to have a birthday. I have two September babies and two nephews' birthdays at the end of July, so the mid year toy sales are perfect for us! (Happy birthday boys.)

Last year, I wanted to buy a wooden kitchen for Grace, but figured there was no where to put it while we were living away from home. This year I am not waiting any longer - it is on the top of her birthday list (which I wrote, so let's be honest - I want her to have one). She is getting some cute kitchen bits to go with it, plus a too cute, bustled, baby pink jacket.

Rose is getting a DSi. She has wanted one for over a year, but we felt she needed to show she was responsible enough to look after one. A fancy, multicoloured trilby will be her favourite present, I'm sure! She is obsessed with them.

I don't know how it happened, but my girls don't have very much respect for their belongings. They obviously feel their toys are replaceable and don't look after things very well. If I threaten to take something off them, they just turn around and say, "I don't care", or even worse, "Nanna will buy me another one" (and we both know she will).

I am very precious about my things. What's mine is mine, what's Dean's is mine too! (isn't that always the case?) I have a feeling it is because they don't have anything that is really their own. They have to share everything (or someone steals it). I might have to rethink my sharing rule to solve this little problem. It doesn't help that they don't have their own space to keep something special all to themselves. Not long I hope.

Right now I am loving the packages getting delivered and although I know they are not for me, I open them with pure excitement. I love buying gifts for children. I have a special little stash of cuteness full of tulle pettiskirts, bunting, trinkets, and jewels just for impromptu birthday invitations. My girls search through it with joy, choosing gifts for their friends. I do have some boy bits too, just in case.



1 comment:

  1. I'm sure your daughter will love the DSi. I bought that as a gift too for my daughter and I paired it with a cute mini bag so she can keep it when she's done using it, else if i find it laying around the house i'm gonna have to keep it for a while until she learns how to do it herself. At first she always forgets, and then she learned eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...