Sunday, 11 September 2011

Great weekend, grumble Sunday

At the end of this beautiful weekend, we have four very grumpy kids. Two had a sleepover this weekend - one on Friday night, one Saturday, and Cate had a rollerskating party today. Grace has been very restless since her dummy disappeared and wakes a number of times a night, so understandably, they are emotional.

I tried to avoid upsetting them, and distracting them when I see a tantrum or tears starting, but failed miserably. Cate accused me of being mean to her and she wished she didn't live with us or at this house anymore - hello, welcome to my world!!

Rose complained that her mouth hurt with every mouthful of tea, but hours earlier was eating salt and vinegar chips without so much as a whimper. Garlic bread didn't hurt, but the food with the vegetables in it did.

I feel like I am fighting an uphill battle when they are like this. They scream at each other, quite violently at times, for touching them, or for a foot on their chair, or God forbid - looking at them!

The past few days have been great. I have had mostly 2-3 kids at one time, so I've been able to do a lot of things individually with each of them, and had lots of cuddles. In a few minutes they will be tucked into their beds and asleep instantly, so a few short hours of grumbles is definitely worth a weekend of wonderful.

Is it like this at everyone's house on a Sunday night?

My cute Grace. She loves me, she loves me not.

1 comment:

  1. YES! And occasionally on weeknights too.
    I've given my older 2 kidlets a Monday off in the last two weeks, to recover from their busy weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...