Monday, 19 September 2011

Josie's bedroom block

Now that Dean has nearly finished Rose's dresser I am going to focus on  Josephine's bedroom.

I purchased a light fitting a few years ago for one of the girls, and as time passed I realised it suited Josephine the best (It is packed so an old iphone shot is all I have). It is a fuschia, felt chandelier with birds and leaves. I have never started a room design from a light, so I find myself with a light, fabric and decorating block!


This fabric from Alexander Henry was a perfect match for the cute, bird light.  I felt the nature design and colours worked well for a little girl to grow into a bigger girl. Now, I'm stuck with a lot (a loooot) of this fabric and not sure how I'm going to apply it.

On one of my many fabric searching expeditions, I came across this image using the fabric to upholster a chair, and coincidentally, I have the same chair - do I cover it or not? It is currently an olive green and in a reasonable condition. Or, I could hang it as curtains, or use it to cover her Queen Anne bedhead.

Image: Kelani Fabrics
I must admit this fabric overwhelms me a little. I find it a challenge to find complimentary fabrics for cushions and a bedspread. I like a mix of patterns and textures but the idea of block colours to balance the busy print appeals. There will be no colour on the walls, so I'm considering rich cushion covers, painted frames and mirrors on the wall.

This room has me stumped!
I would love to hear your thoughts.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...