Monday, 5 September 2011

Reunion preparation


I have a school reunion in a few weeks, and I wanted to know what I should do in preparation - so I googled it! According to the intelligent beings in cyber space, I should have started an exercise regime months ago. I also need a new hairstyle and "stylish" outfit.

With this technological age, those I haven't seen for 20 years, can now be spied upon without their knowledge. I can see who has greyed and who has lived off Tim Tams since school and make the comparisons online, before the real thing. I can investigate what they have been up to, and where life has taken them - all from the comfort of my couch.

I admit, I haven't kept in close contact with anyone from school, so I am a little excited, and nervous. Names of people I'd forgotten are popping up, and the memories of them as children, make me curious about their adult selves. Feelings of freedom and abandon overwhelm me at the thought of those who shared my youth. I have warm, happy memories about these people, I imagine a hug hello and 20 years of catchup filling 5 minutes, then hours of laughter and reminiscence.

Will we become close friends again? If I was meant to have a relationship with these people, why didn't we stay friends after school? Is my matured, mothering, married self going to live up to who my school friends thought I would be?

Truth be told, I was supposed to go on a diet/exercise regime after I had each child, when I stopped breast feeding, and every New Year's eve since. I haven't time to get a degree or see the world, so a new outfit and hairstyle will just have to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...