Sunday, 18 September 2011

Rose chose riding lessons!


Rose has started the celebrations for her birthday this weekend. She had a friend stay for a sleep over last night which, much to my surprise, was relatively pain-free! Like my post from last Sunday, the pain has just begun as the girls start to show signs of having overindulged in fun this weekend!

I am a little sleep deprived and exhausted from being the entertainment to five little girls, but it is a happy exhaustion. I always lay awake at night when I have someone else's child in the house. I worry that they will wake scared or confused and I will have to make a late night call to their worried parents to come and collect them.

My girls are allowed a party every second year for their birthday and it is a party year for Rose. As we don't really have a house that can cater for a bunch more little girls, I went searching for a party hosting plan. I purchased 12 passes to a riding school that could be used as a trail ride birthday party for herself and 11 friends, or she could use it for a term of riding lessons. She chose the lessons!

I had horses as a child so I am a little happy that one of my girls has shown an interest, but also terrified of the commitment! I am hoping it will be our special bond and her moment to shine. I can't believe that in just over a week, she will be seven, she is still so much our baby, needing a lot of reassurance and constant contact. Such a talented and beautiful child but still so unsure of herself. Just as well, because if she had confidence, she would be dangerous. Heaven help us, when she is seventeen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...