Tuesday, 24 January 2012

A few days of floods (rain and tears)!

This past week the weather has been very angry with someone!

Last Friday we had hailstones the size of marbles, flash flooding and, lightning, then happy, blue skies all within an hour. My MIL's house flooded leaving us living out of our bedroom for 4 days. I got a glimpse of how it would be if we went caravanning - that won't be happening any time soon {or ever}.

Our roof was scheduled to be removed the same morning, but luckily, our roof carpenter waited the storm out before exposing my beautiful original cornices and ceiling roses to the tempestuous weather. This means that within days, our new roof will meet the existing roof, to make our home officially at lockup. {smile}

On Saturday we confirmed our kitchen, and with great excitement, look forward to a 4 week turnaround. This means we could be home within 6 weeks!

It was high thirties on the weekend and we got busy, painting the eaves atop the scaffolding, before the tin goes on. The girls entertained themselves by graffitiing their bedroom floors, to be left as a time capsule when we cover them with floorboards.

Mum, take note - I see curls on Cate, don't you?

Cate's self portrait - she laid on the floor while my MIL traced her outline.

Today was my beautiful Josephine's fifth birthday, I really want to dedicate a whole post to her, but I have burst into tears at least 5 times today, so may wait until I am less emotional. Here is a peek at her new bike and adorable ladybird helmet. (Photo taken on the iphone and lazily edited in Camera+ - sorry, I was very scattery today.)



Happy birthday my sweet baby. I love you so, so much. Mmmmwa! {sob}

Have a great Australia Day week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...