Saturday, 23 June 2012

House Update June 2012

Finally, I am feeling settled enough to show some pics of our home. Sadly, all the parts you don't see in these photos, are still unfinished. We technically don't have any rooms finished.

I do however, have many places throughout our home, that make me smile and motivated to push this reno over the finishing line. Overall, I am very happy with the feel of our home. I love the colour palette and feel we achieved beautiful continuity between the old and new.

I do hope to take some shots of the girls' rooms tomorrow, but that does mean I would have to make them clean, so don't hold your breath! Would love to hear your comments.



A small disclaimer - 
  • We have no windows in the playroom, so the images are very dark. 
  • Yes, I have colour coordinated the bookshelf - doesn't everyone? 
  • I am missing the drawers in our bedside tables, they are still being painted - a beautiful, creamy, metallic gold. 
  • I bought the table from Gumtree for $200 and painted it black. When it gets warmer, I plan on repainting it in a pink, then a turquoise, then black again, so when the girls chip it, a rainbow of pretty colours show through.
  • These chairs came with the table. I will add a couple of Louis Ghost chairs to the table too and some pretty cushions on my end chairs.
  • The chandelier above the dining table was made by Dean and myself. Adorable, coloured glass shades hang at different lengths. My favourite thing!
  • The chandelier over my bath is also a Gumtree find. Three, antique, crystal chandeliers of varying sizes for $200 - perfect for my bedroom, bathroom and dressing room.


5 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous....can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I'm looking forward to a coffee in that there kitchen.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love love love it! You've done an amazing job. Can't wait to see the rest of the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanne, I've just come across your blog :) Your home is looking wonderful! We've got ghost chairs around our dining table. I love them! Also loving the rabbit print in your playroom, where is it from? Would love something like that in my little one's room xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simone and welcome to my little blog. I love checking in on your renos and pretty pictures. The romantic rabbit is actually a tea towel from Third Drawer Down, wrapped around a canvas and still on their website for $24. Can't wait to see it in your son's room.

      www.thirddrawerdown.com/shop/products/PF-TEATOWEL

      Delete

Thank you for your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...