Thursday, 11 October 2012

Bali 2002

Ten years ago today, my husband and twenty of his friends were in Bali celebrating Dean and his friend Paul's impending nuptials on their end of season football trip. Their night started with dinner and drinks, and ended in disaster.

I vividly remember how I felt being woken by a frantic Dean, telling me there had been an explosion, that he was ok and had to go because everyone needed the phone. I lay awake that night with the radio on, listening to the death toll rise, still shaken from scenes of September 11 the year before.

I remember watching footage on the tv with him after he'd made it home in silence. Each year on this day, with the news reports reminding us of the devastation, I would learn a little more of what he saw and experienced.

In two weeks we celebrate ten years of marriage. Together we have four amazing daughters, one angel, a home we have built together and an amazing life - every moment of my day relates to Dean. All of which would never have been, had their taxi arrived on time to take them to Paddy's.

I have a million things to be thankful for every day, but today is going to be saved just for Dean and his very special friends who make their wives lives wonderful too. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...